K2019 PRESS INFORMATION
<- Back to News
Press information about Wemo Group at K2019
September 17, 2019
Smart automation - boost your productivity
Värnamo, Sweden – Wemo presents a wide range of robotics and will show several robot applications for automation in plastics manufacturing at K 2019. As a highlight, Wemo provides industrial logistics solutions for material handling. Trade show visitors are invited to experience how to boost product quality with smart automation at booth E61 in hall 10.
Wemo launches WIPS 4.0 software for a user experience in the programming of robots as one of the highlights at K 2019. The new WIPS 4.0 software platform is based on experiences from the successful dialogue programming, which was implemented in thousands of Wemo robots in the last decade. The new ergonomic and lightweight handheld controller W-Hp12, in combination with a 10.1” landscape full color screen, operators and programmers will have a better overview of the status and program structure. The handheld is equipped with three levels of safety buttons (dead-man-grip). Furthermore, the customer experience continues with hardware buttons for the most-used functions like the activation of axes movement and main operational buttons like start, stop, and reset. In addition to an integrated touch pen the screen is now equipped with swipe functionality for an intuitive usability. This improves the speed of daily use, makes the process more efficient and results in better monitoring for the user with fewer jumps to different pages. The WIPS 4.0 user friendliness is rounded off with a customized start screen.
The new software and handheld will be demonstrated at the Wemo stand at booth E61 in hall 10.
Wemo offers 21 different models for adaption to injection molding machines, of which three are displayed at K:
- Wemo 3-5 Linear Picker: The compact, servo-driven linear robot with a handling capability up to 2.3 kg for sprue and part handling. The Wemo 3-5 Linear Picker can be mounted either within the machine's protected area or above the gate to the machine safety area as a conventional linear robot. The installation is extremely compact, while the adaptation of external protections around the machine becomes significantly easier. This solution solves limits in flexibility of additional operations, as well as higher cost, due to CE regulations for approved machine protection.
- Wemo 8-5 sDesign: The high speed linear robot for thin-wall parts in the packaging industry is best in class for packaging parts and medical applications on two-platen and stack moulds. The sDesign series is especially suited for the removal of packaging parts. The high-speed handling units are optimised for ultimate efficiency and speed. They have a cycle time of less than 2.7 seconds and may be used both for side-entry and top removal. A Wemo 8-5 sDesign application with a handling weight of up to 3 kg for machine sizes from 750 up to 3,000 kN can be seen at the Wemo booth in operation along with a servo driven stacking unit, which helps to achieve the faste cycle times.
- Wemo 120 xLine Tandem: The Wemo tandem robot concept mounts two robots on the same Z-axis, resulting in a more cost-effective production. Often additional operations are added outside the injection molding machine, such as assembly, inspection or packing of pattern layouts in boxes. With the tandem concept, required operation processes are divided without installing two separate robots in the cell. Using this method, valuable floor space is released in comparison to previous solutions. At K 2019, Wemo will demonstrate a Wemo 120 xLine Tandem for industrial parts.
Wemo Handling Automation offers efficient industrial logistics solutions for handling parts and boxes to and from pallets. The product range of user friendly and flexible linear robots is based on the handling concept, which comes with additional modulized conveyors, End-Of-Arm tooling and safety guarding. At K 2019, visitors can discover the following solutions: The Wemo xPacker packing line consists of the Wemo xPacker mini robot to fill boxes and the larger Wemo xPacker midi robot to pack boxes on pallets.
- Wemo xPacker mini: The fast Pick-and-Place robot for filling boxes is a speedy robot type for handling parts up to 5 kg. With its small footprint it can be used inside existing automation lines or directly after the out coming conveyor from the molding machine.
- Wemo xPacker midi: The compact robot for palletizing xes with 20 kg handling weight is a complete robotics unit. With an incoming conveyor and integrated safety guarding, Wemo xPacker midi is ready for easy plug-in. It is placed directly after the molding machine’s out coming conveyor belt or in a centralized logistics department. All types of boxes or packages can be handled with a unique vacuum gripper which can detect the object size and use the vacuum channels according to the needed surfaces. In combination with the intuitive programming WIPS handling software, less knowledge is required to operate this unit in an efficient way.
About Wemo Automation
Wemo Automation is one of the leading international manufacturers of Linear-Robot-Systems and automations cells for the plastic industry. Wemo is today a globally supplier with a customer base of more than 10,000 robot cells worldwide. Their solutions are based on innovative solutions with user-friendly operations, efficiency and performance of automation equipment with long lifetime. For more information visit www.wemogroup.com/en/
About HAHN Group
The HAHN Group consists of a network of specialized companies for industrial automation and robot solutions. With its own production sites in Austria, China, Czech Republic, Croatia, Germany, Great Britain, India, Israel, Mexico, Switzerland, Sweden, Turkey, and the USA, the group currently employs approx. 1,400 staff at 24 locations. Well-known customers from the automotive, consumer goods, electronics, medical technology, and healthcare industries benefit from the HAHN Group’s 30 years of expertise and automation know-how. For more information visit www.hahn.group/en